- This is a very delicious easy meal. I sometimes use all baby veggies, as they are so tender, but it is not necessary.
- Use the large roasting pan [the one that came with your stove that hardly gets used] sans the slotted top . spray w/ a little EVOO and set oven to 425′
- Large uniform cuts on the veggies all FRESH
- you may use whatever you like and mix in a few surprises, you will be amazed at how this will introduce you to veggies you have never tried.
- in a large bowl place veggies; example :eggplant; onions; shallots; zucchini; sweet corn;whole button mushrooms; red pepper; 6 whole, peeled garlic cloves; whole cauliflower florets. turnip; etc. i have been known to use a dozen varieties at a time. Yummy !
- sprinkle veggies w/ fresh ground Salt & Pepper; red pepper flakes [omit for children]
- drizzle w/ EVOO and toss to coat
- pour veggies onto the roasting pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- remove pan from oven [careful it’s hot]
- and with a metal spatula [ I like the fish spatula, as it has more flexibility & control] slide carefully under veggies, and turn over.
- then take some FRESH chopped herbs and a a handful of cherry tomatoes and scatter the herbs & tomatoes over the veggies.
- finally also scatter one or two balls of the fresh grated mozzarella cheese over the veggies and RETURN to the oven. continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes ’till cheese is melted & bubbling. Serve at once
- if you like serve with crusty bread & olives & drizzle w more EVOO
So healthy and delicious. any leftovers are good with pasta the next day.