- I see Pepperidge Farm Puffed Pastry in the freezer, knowing it needs to come to room temp…what can I do in the meantime…yes fresh green onions…Prosciutto & Provolone cheese , all are available !
- slice the delicate tender fresh green onions , lots of them. separate the white bulb & green stems…you will use both however in the next process you will see why
- saute’ the white onion in EVOO w/ fresh ground S&P and a little butter
- when they are starting to soften ADD the green stems and continue to saute.
- remove from pan, and spread out on a large dinner plate to cool
- slice the Prosciutto [or if it is already sliced, separate them out on a sheet of wax paper* to come to room temp from the frig.
- do the same with the provolone cheese
- now lay out the puffed pastry. [see box directions]
- spread the onions onto the pastry leaving a 1 inch border
- next place the Prosciutto over onion ” ” “
- Next Place Provolone Cheese over Prosciutto ” “
- Now carefully roll Puffed Pastry into a log
- take a very sharp serrated knife and gently but firmly slice log into thick disk.
- place on Parchment Paper on a jelly roll and bake 350″ ’till pastry is golden brown.
Enjoy ! These would be absolutely wonderful served at Holiday Gatherings.
PS I hope this picture will enlarge for you. it’s quite lovely !